Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is a classic dish turned into a simple no-fuss bake. This recipe is quick and easy, yet ultra comforting, so perfect for busy nights! It’s loaded with creamy goodness, chicken, ham, and swiss in a creamy dijon sauce. It is low carb recipe if that’s your thing! This dish takes only about 15 minutes to prep, then just pop it in the oven.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is so much easier than a traditional rolled and breaded cordon bleu and has even more flavor. This is pure comfort food and an easy main course dinner. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, and low sugar!
We love all the flavors in this dish! Ham, chicken, and CHEESE!!! Comfort food at its best! This recipe should definitely go into your regular dinner rotation. It’s the perfect dinner for a busy family like ours!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Ingredients:
Cooked, shredded chicken
Sliced ham in bite-sized pieces (about a cup and a half)
Dried minced onion
Pepper, to taste
I don’t know about you, but this time of the year is busy! Every season is a busy one so I’m always a fan of super easy and comforting meals that my family will love. I like when things can be made quickly and with simple ingredients.
Begin by preparing your baking dish with nonstick spray. Then, preheat your oven to 350° and get ready to make the yummy cheese sauce! While the oven is preheating, melt the cream cheese over low heat stirring frequently. Once melted, add the seasonings (onion powder, dried minced onion, dijon, milk, and pepper.
Recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
While the cheese sauce is melting, add the shredded chicken to the base of the baking dish. Top the chicken with ham that is cut into small, bite-sized pieces. Pour the warm and delicious cheese sauce over the meat. Use a spoon to spread the sauce evenly. Finally, top the dish with slices of mozzarella. I like to cover as much as possible!
What to serve with Chicken Casserole
I suggest serving this with veggies! Consider a green salad, broccoli, asparagus, or our parmesan sliced zucchini. This keeps the dish low carb. However, you might also love to serve some tasty garlic bread. This easy dish is a family favorite at dinner time!
More Casserole Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
You Will Need
- 6 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 oz sliced ham in bite-sized pieces (about a cup and a half)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Pepper, to taste
- 8-10 slices of Swiss cheese
Other Supplies Needed:
- 9″x13″ baking dish
- Small pot for melting the cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the cream cheese, stirring frequently
- Once melted, stir in the dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried minced onion, milk, and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare a baking dish with nonstick spray
- Place the shredded chicken in the bottom of the dish
- Top the chicken with the ham
- Pour the warm and seasoned cheese sauce over the chicken and ham, and spread evenly
- Place Swiss cheese on top then cover the entire dish
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Broil for 2 minutes to create delicious brown bubbles on the cheese topping
- Be careful to not over-broil because the cheese can melt quickly!